Apple has revealed a number of new software updates this week for Apple Watch, these contain watchOS 9.2, iOS 16.2, macOS Ventura 13.1, and iPadOS 16.2.
We earlier saw a video of iOS 16.2 in action and now we get to have a look at what is new in the watchOS 9.2 software update. The video below from Half Man Half Tech gives us some more details on what is included in this latest update.
Here are the release notes from Apple for this software update.
watchOS 9.2 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
– Outdoor Run workout now automatically detects when you arrive at a running track and provides track-specific metrics
– Race Route lets you compete against your previous performance in Outdoor Runs, Outdoor Cycle, and Outdoor Wheelchair Workouts
– New custom Kickboxing algorithm in the Workout app for more accurate metrics
– Noise app displays when environmental sound levels are reduced while wearing AirPods Pro (1st generation) and AirPods Max with active noise cancellation
– Family Setup users can be invited to the Home app to control HomePod speakers and smart home accessories, and unlock doors with home keys in the Wallet
– Accessibility support to visualize when Siren is in use on Apple Watch Ultra
– Improved response time and accuracy of hand gesture controls for AssistiveTouch and Quick Actions
– Crash Detection optimizations on Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)
– Fix for bug that causes display of incorrect watch time immediately after dismissing an alarm in Sleep Focus
– Fix for bug causing interruptions to mindfulness sessions
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas, for more information visit: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222