Digital transformation has a lot of connections with hybrid working – which is predicted by many tech companies to be the next major trend for business technology. TechQuarters is a managed service provider, and Microsoft Gold partner. They provide IT Small Business Support and digital transformation services to businesses in London (and across the UK). They spoke to us about the value of digital transformation, and the most important benefit of it is that it future-proofs your organization – once you have digitally transformed, it becomes much easier to adapt further, adopt new technologies, and expand your operations.
So, what steps do you need to take in 2021 to digitally transform your business?
The key component of digital transformation is utilizing cloud computing. Services such as Microsoft Azure offer a wide array of cloud functions. For example, you may want to automate certain business processes or roll out company-wide applications and updates. These functions – and many more – are available with cloud computing services. For example, on Microsoft Azure, you can pay for a range of virtual servers, and virtual machines, in order to run automated processes for the business – the benefit of this is you can manage them from anywhere using the Azure portal, and they are much more cost-effective than traditional physical servers and on-premise virtual machines. It is actually possible to move a company’s entire network to a hosted environment in Azure, or other similar services.
According to TechQuarters, and their own model of digital transformation for their customers, the whole process can be broken up into around 5 broad steps:
1. The first step is accessing what offerings are available to you as a business. For instance, as a Microsoft Partner, and provider of Managed IT Services London companies use, TechQuarters have their own set of offerings on software, support services, and project services. This goes the same for all providers offering digital transformation services, and so the first step is all about finding the right package for you.
2. Once you’ve decided on your package and provider, an audit of your network must take place. This is simply to access the various parameters of your network; figure out how things can be improved, changed, or optimized; and tailor the solutions to those needs. Your provider may layout a roadmap for the process, so you can see what will be completed and when.
3. The third step is where you begin implementing the solutions. This can involve a range of things – from cloud hosting, new software licensing (such as Microsoft 365 Business, or Google Workspace), new security and compliance policies, even new devices for users.
4. Once these solutions have been implemented, there will period of aftercare. For example, TechQuarters guarantee their IT Support London helpdesk will be available for customers getting to grips with their new digitized network. A cloud-based infrastructure is much easier to deliver IT support to, as many processes can be managed remotely by technicians – in fact, 80% of all common IT technical difficulties can be resolved remotely with the right tech solutions. In addition, to support, your provider may also offer User training to encourage adoption. As an ongoing service, you should also receive account management to ensure your services are always tailored to meet the needs of your organization.
5. The final step of digital transformation is in fact ongoing. An annual audit should be undertaken to assess the whole of your network, and all the solutions being implemented. This is to make sure that everything is still working for the organization; identify whether any solutions are no longer valuable to the organization; and if any changes are recommended, a new roadmap will be created to lay out what new solutions will be implemented, and when.
Digital Transformation has been around for some years now, but with the advent of Hybrid working, it has gained new relevance. As Hybrid working relies on users can access company resources remotely, from a secure and centralized cloud environment.