Clearing the cache on your Android phone is best practice and it may help speed up your device and also give you some additional storage space. This manual will demonstrate to you everything you need to know to clean the phone cache on your android phone. These tips will also work on your Android tablet.
There are two ways for clearing the cache on your Android phone or tablet, this can be done in your browser on your Android gadget or you can also clear the app cache on your phone. Follow the steps below for more details on how you can clear the cache on your phone.
How to clear the cache on your Android phone browser?
Google’s Chrome is the most used browser on Android so this guide will show you how to clear your cache in Chrome on Android. If you clear your cache in Chrome then it will clear all the data and you will need to log in again to any website you want to use.
You may also use a separate browser on Android, you can clear your cache on alternative browsers in the same way. The methods to do this may vary barely by browser but the bulk of browsers work in a similar way.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android Phone
- Select the three dots at the top right of your device.
- Click History and then select Clear browsing data.
- Then choose All Time, to clear all the data.
- Select Clear data.
- That’s it the data in your Chrome browser will be cleared.
How do you clear the app cache?
- Go to Settings on your smartphone or tablet
- Select Storage from the menu.
- Select Other App on your device.
- Scroll down to the app you want to clear the cache for.
- Click the Clear Cache button
- That’s it your cache should be cleared.
These settings may be different slightly by device and also by the browser on your Android smartphone or Android tablet, You can find out more information about how to clear the cache on your Android phone or tablet over at Google’s website.