Alan Wake 2 has been receiving a lot of attention lately, and it seems like the developers at Remedy are hard at work addressing player feedback. The initial update earlier this week tackled some minor issues, but now they’ve rolled out a significant patch labeled 22.214.171.124, marking their first substantial update.
Here’s a breakdown of the noteworthy fixes included in Alan Wake 2 Patch Notes – Version 126.96.36.199:
- Various localization fixes, including enhanced subtitle timings for all languages.
- Improved localized audio for live-action cinematics, addressing widespread audio problems.
- Several audio-related improvements and additional polish for a more immersive experience.
- Enhanced lip sync in specific instances, contributing to a smoother visual presentation.
- Resolved various graphical issues in the environments, ensuring a more visually pleasing gameplay.
- Fixed minor issues in cinematics and made minor improvements to image aliasing in Performance mode and Xbox Series S.
- Improved lighting throughout the game, addressing lighting bugs in multiple locations.
- Various UI-related fixes and additional polish for a more streamlined user experience.
- Numerous gameplay fixes and improvements, including minor finetuning and enhanced auto-aim for specific circumstances.
- Fixed rare player character animation issues and addressed various issues in the Case Board.
- Resolved various map issues, ensuring a seamless navigation experience.
- Fixed conversations failing to trigger, preventing progress, and resolved dialogue choice issues for specific characters like Rose.
- INVITATION: Fixed a bug where Saga could get stuck in the environment (“Crazy forest”).
- CASEY: Addressed potential issues with players getting stuck, fixed Dark Presence issues, and resolved a rare crash.
- SCRATCH: Fixed a bug where Saga could fall through the world, and addressed issues with gates and key pickups.
- WE SING: Resolved a bug where Alan could get stuck in the environment.
- ROOM 665: Fixed an alignment issue in the Oceanview Hotel Lobby Echo.
- MASKS: Fixed mission progress blocking issues due to specific player tasks.
- DEERFEST: Resolved physics-related props causing player blockage and progress halting.
- COME HOME: Fixed instances where the player couldn’t exit certain interact modules.
- ZANE’S FILM: Fixed a bug where Alan could fall through the environment.
- Fixed a bug causing graphics settings to reset on game launch.
- Improvements to PC Window handling logic for a smoother experience.
- Addressed the issue of the mouse cursor sometimes not appearing in menus.
This comprehensive update not only addresses technical glitches but also enhances the overall player experience, showcasing Remedy’s commitment to delivering a polished and enjoyable game. As players dive back into the mysterious world of Alan Wake 2, these fixes aim to ensure a seamless and immersive adventure.